It gives me immense pleasure in welcoming, on behalf of the JB Institute of Technology Dehradun. Students are the symbols of immense potential for us that are creating stronger bon between the Industries and the academics and hence becoming good citizen of India.
The Welfare of society and overall development of the students are the core objectives of everything we do at the Institute.
The Institute has taken been recognized and got appreciation for various innovative initiatives taken for the students: Some of the recognitions are:-
- The Institute has been Ranked No 1 Private Engineering College in Uttrakhand by “The Week” Magazine in June-2016 edition.
- The Institute has been Ranked No 1 Private Engineering College in Uttrakhand by “Outlook” Magazine in June-2016 edition
- Institute has been awarded as- “Most Upcoming Engineering College in India” by Assocham in Year-2014,
- The Institute has been recognized as “One of the Best Online Examination Centre – By Tata Consultancy Services ION.
- The Institute has been awarded as- “Excellent Emerging Technical Institute in Uttrakhand”- by CMAI and UTU, Awarded was given By the Chief Minister of Uttrakhand.
- Amar Ujala facilitated to the Institute with ‘Shikshavid Award’ in 2016.
- Jagran Publication Ltd. facilitated to the Institute with “i-Next Achievers Award” in 2016.
- To promote research and innovations among the students, the Institute has established:-
- E-Yantra Robotics Lab(ELSI) in association with IIT Mumbai.
- Nodel Center for Virtual Lab in association with IIT Delhi.
- FOSS Resource Center in association with IIT Mumbai.
- Autodesk Club for Engineering and Design.
- In addition to the University curriculum, several industry-oriented special value added modules like Embedded systems, CCNA, OCA/OCP, DOT.NET, Linux, PHP, JAVA, STAD-Pro, E-Tab, CATIA,Pro-E, AutoCAD etc are designed and students are being trained by the experts in detail. High tech campus interview preparation tools like TCS-ion, Firstnaukri.com etc are rigorously used to prepare to prepare the students.
- We are the member of CSI, IEEE, IETE, ASSOCHAM and CII.
- Regular Industrial visits & Guest Lectures:- 41 industrial visits and 37 guest lectures are organized for the students in last six months to provide a real life exposure of the industry. Averagely 3 industrial visits are arranged for every class in a semester.
- Open to Pool Campus Placement drives:- As per the Institute policy, we permit the students from entire Uttrakhand to participate in campus placement drives free of cost, so that employer can select the best quality students, In current year we had conducted 47 Mega pool big campus drives in which 948 students from different colleges have been placed.
- Regular Cultural and Technical Festivals: Annually 2 Technical Festivals and 3 Cultural Festivals are organized as national level in addition to several monthly department level technical activities to reciprocate the insatiable desire to innovate among the students.
- Excellent past placement record:- Due to our sincere efforts our batches passed out in 2014,2015 and 2016 have seen record placements in the region in big brands. Over 87% students are successfully placed in the companies of repute.
I welcome the newly admitted students to our institution and wish them a memorable, meaningful and rewarding tenure and emerge as world-class engineers, architects or scientists. I would urge upon them to prove as good human beings and worthy citizens of this great country, India. The senior students are welcome back to the new academic session with renewed vigor and dedication. I also welcome parents of our students, both fresher’s and seniors, and every one visiting this institution to go around the beautiful and sprawling campus at Dehradun.
With best wishes,
Dr. Amit Kumal Bansal
[BE(ME), M.Tech.(ME), Ph.D.(ME)]
-Life Member of ISTE, Indian Commerce Association,
-Life Member of International Association of Engineers, USA,
-Reviewer of Various National and International Journals.